Jennifer Lopez: where talent and looks are both absent

Looking like a tart. Cos she is a tart
It was a recent email from Spotify and a television advert for some sort of shaving thing for women that rekindled the hatred I have for one Jennifer Lopez. The Spotify email brought to attention the fact she had a new album available to listen to. Naturally, being a music fan, I didn't want to listen. But it's not just her music that puts her on the list.

Cast your mind back a few years. Lopez was everywhere: on the movie screen, in the charts and on the arm of another possible entrant to the Hate List, Puff Daddy (Sean Combs, P. Diddy or whatever his latest moniker is). There was fanfare when she managed to top both the movie and music charts in the same week. And then, of course, there was talk of her famed derriere.

This is no joke. She was best-known for her arse. Fortunately, this particular asset at least detracted from her lack of acting ability and lack of musicianship. At least, that was the hope. She persisted to speak and appear on our screens in new and ever-more impressive ways of being untalented.

Let's just remind ourselves of some her finest movie moments: The Wedding Planner, Maid In Manhattan, Gigli, Monster In Law. Can anyone really remember a single, solitary good thing about any of these films? No. Why not? Because they're utter, utter garbage.

And then there was 'Jenny From The Block'. Example lyric: "Don't be fooled by the rocks that I got, I'm still, I'm still Jenny from the block." Musical dog turd. And I've heard Nickelback.

To me, she epitomises everything wrong with the 'celebrity' craze of the noughties. I hate her. She makes me feel angry whenever I see or hear anything about her. Oh, I nearly forgot. She also dated Ben Affleck.

Say no more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on... leave a comment. You must hate something. Tell us what it is